Friday, June 19, 2009

Day 3- At Sea

After breakfast with some girls I met last night, I went to Global Studies with Julie in the Union. We left and went to a satellite room because the rocking and weird fabric patterns in the Union don’t make you feel too good. It was strange watching the lecture on a tv and hearing people repeat the names he asked us to pronounce when the teacher wasn’t even in the room. The teacher went pretty fast and covered a lot of information which would have been ok if the power point slides had come through the video clearly. It was hard to figure out what some of the foreign names were. After Global Studies I went to Social Justice and Education Theories. I like the topics we are going to talk about such as education as a right or a privilege. I don’t know nearly as much on this topic as some people in my class but I think I will start to develop opinions as the class goes on. I met Julie for lunch with Shane and a new girl we met named Kimberly. My peanut butter and jelly on toast was excellent. I headed to Ethnomusicology after lunch and met up with Erik.  We had two groups clapping to different beats and then went around the room and introduced ourselves while keeping the rhythm and meter (or something like that) of our clapping. It was not as easy as it looks/sounds.

 

I had dinner (spaghetti) on the back deck since there was a little bit of sunshine today. Then a group of us sat around and talked about which activities we wanted to do together in different countries. We chose a few to sign up for but it is a lottery so hopefully we can all go together. After dinner we decided to hit up pub night and see how tipsy everyone could get from their maximum three drinks. I didn’t buy a drink ticket so I was just a spectator. The wine came in little juice cups and takes about three sips to finish. It was funny watching people see the drinks like they hadn’t ever had one before. I bought some popcorn and thought it was a much better investment than a $50 drink ticket. We sat around and talked till late in the evening before heading to our beds after turning the clocks back another hour.

 

+ + +

No feelings of sea sickness today at all! Maybe because I remembered to take the medicine right when I woke up!

 

- - -

I dropped my card behind the bed and had to search in the dark to find it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment