Sunday, July 5, 2009

Day 14- At Sea

We are currently traveling at about 14 knots to make time for classes before we arrive in Civitavecchia. The ship is going so slow that it is vibrating constantly which is kind of like being in a car or an airplane. We have quite a bit of time because we reach Italy and most of that time is preparing for Global Studies. I am almost done with my paper so I just need to study for the exam. It should be easy because it is only matching with 20 sections of 5 questions each. If you know at least 2 answers you can pretty much guess the other 3. This is the first time SAS has done a completely un-proctored exam. We are getting the test as a .pdf on email at 7 am tomorrow and we pick up a Scantron from the Union between 7 and 11:30 am. We can work at any time for an hour and fifteen minutes wherever we want. The test has to be turned in at 11:30 and then the paper has to be in at the same time on email. I think its pretty neat that we are trusted so much but we will see how many people actually follow the honor code.

 

During the Student Perspective Seminar tonight I learned a little about Italy that will prepare me for this next port. For example, 90% of the population is Roman Catholic. Italy also has 44 UNESCO World Heritage sites which is more than any other country in the world. I learned about all the different popular foods which was very interesting of course. I’m ready to try some gelato.

 

+ + +

I have the best notes for Global Studies out of anyone I know and many people have complemented me and asked for help editing their paper. It makes me feel pretty smart.

 

- - -

I can’t find a pencil anywhere to use on my Scantron tomorrow.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment