Monday, July 6, 2009

Day 18- Rome to Civitavecchia to Naples, Italy

Our last day in Rome started with a quick breakfast in the B&B and a brisk walk to the Pantheon. We made a pit stop by the Roman Forum and the tomb of the Unknown Soldier. Both were really interesting but I wish I knew more history so I would have understood what happened there. In the main square we did some shopping and had lunch. I tried a Fanta because the little kid across the room had one and it looked amazing. It didn’t taste like Fanta at home, it was more like Orangina, and it was not bright orange. Continuing on to the Pantheon we got some gelato and ran into a couple people from the Pub Crawl the other night. One was Sean who is originally from Nashville. He said he would call me when he goes back…in a year. Yea right. We passed the Trevi fountain, again, on the way back to the hostel when we were swarmed by Asian women who were on a tour. They were dressed to the nines with hats, coats, heels, and gloves without fingers. I didn’t understand that part at all.

 

Back at the hostel we had some peach iced tea for a refreshment and I think it might have been the best peach tea I have ever had. And I really like peach tea. We went back to the train station and grabbed the best pizza I have had so far. We took the train back to Civitavecchia and got back on the ship to sail to Naples.

 

Our trip was packed with priceless quotes and memorable experiences. Rome was almost as amazing as Barcelona but I don’t think they can be really compared. Hopefully throwing my coin in the fountain will bring me back here one day.

 

+ + +

“Welcome to Italy, you look fickin’ nice”- repeated by Sam when Logan actually said pretty, not fickin’.

 

- - -

I’m going to miss authentic Italian food. The pasta on the ship wont compare to the pasta here.

 

1 comment:

  1. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. Thanks...
    Civitavecchia port transfers

    ReplyDelete