Friday, July 10, 2009

Day 21- At Sea, Pre-port Croatia

Today was a busy day with a paper due, a presentation to give, and a new port to prepare for. We also got our Global Studies scores back today. I was less than impressed with my paper grade but my test was good. Jay and I are going to talk to the TA because we know Vandy kids write better than the grade they gave us. That and a kid who read my paper said we chose the same examples and that he thought mine was good. He got a 99 and I didn’t, so I need to check up on that. Good thing I don’t get that credit transferred I guess. Early this morning, 7 am, we got an announcement in our room saying we were going through the Straits of Mycenae which is between the tip of Italy and Sicily. I didn’t go outside to look but it looked pretty neat out the window of my cabin.

 

Tonight in pre-port we were sitting next to a guy and his girlfriend who were on the floor. At first we noticed that the girl was buffing her boyfriend’s finger nails. That was pretty weird but we thought that she was just bossy. Well then she starts buffing his toe nails and now the situation turns from weird to gross. Then she starts digging on his toe nails which is making everyone want to gag. So Lance decides to say something to them and here is how it went:

 

Lance: “Hey man, I hear there is a great spa up on deck 7.”

Phil: “Don’t give her any ideas.”

Katie: “They’re all booked.”

 

+ + +

Our inter-port student told us all sorts of neat souvenirs to check out in Croatia.

 

- - -

I already dislike seeing people clip their fingernails but tonight’s experience was worse than anything I have ever seen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment